Please read the information below and make an informed decision. We’re always here to have a chat if need be.
Information about e-cigarettes
There are dangers to vaping, just like anything else. Some vaping products are much worse for you than others, and more research is needed on the long-term health effects.
The World Health Organisation and Australian Government are pretty clear: e-cigarettes can be harmful to your health and are not considered ‘safe’ (although the WHO does admit that it’s “too early to provide a clear answer on the long-term impact” of vaping). That’s part of the reason nicotine e-cigarettes is now heavily regulated in Australia.
- Nicotine can raise your blood pressure and increase the likelihood of a heart attack. Source
- Vaping may increase your risk of stroke. Source
- E-cigarettes may be just as (if not more so) addictive than regular cigarettes. Source
- Young adults who vape may be more susceptible to COVID-19. Source
- E-cigarettes have been linked to heart attacks, coronary artery disease and depression. Source
In 2019, there was an outbreak of lung injuries ssociated with vaping in the U.S., but it’s important to distinguish between regular vaping products and those containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Vitamin E. Both those ingredients can be highly toxic when vaped, and researchers believe they were primarily responsible for the outbreak. myduke® pharmacy products contain no THC, Vitamin E, diacetyl or acetyl propionyl.
Potential side effects from vaping nicotine
Side effects from the use of nicotine vaping products may include:
- Cravings for the vaping of nicotine products.
- Dry mouth and throat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Mouth and throat irritation.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Stomach pain.
- Feeling flushed or light-headed.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Nicotine raises your blood pressure and spikes your adrenaline, which increases your pulse rate (palpitations) and the likelihood of having a heart attack.
- If you suddenly stop the use of your nicotine vaping product, you may experience withdrawal symptoms including cravings, anxiety, restlessness, irritability, and frustration.
- If you experience any rash, itch or swelling of the tongue or throat you may be allergic to an ingredient within the nicotine vaping product. Discontinue use.
How to minimise risk
Like any risky activity, vaping is all about moderation and control. You can get expert medical advice about your vaping, helping you wind down your nicotine intake and kick cigarettes for good. Our vapes are sourced from an established New Zealand manufacturer. They’re reputable, well made, and tested by an independent lab in Australia.
As always, the best thing you can do is chat to your doctor and weigh up the risks for yourself.
Browse our range of products, choose the product that is suitable for you and complete the medical assessment to get started.